In Person Workshops and Lectures
Giving an Artist Talk at Quilt National
Photo ©2011 Deidre Adams
Current In-Person Teaching/Lecture Schedule
For a list of my currently available online workshops please see this page.
Workshops work best in a 5 day format in person but can be modified to fit into 3 days with less content.
- Always Working In a Series – Known for my long running series Structures, with nearly 150 textile paintings in the grouping, I will take you on a journey through both art history and my own artistic development. As I dive into the how and why of working in a series, I will dispel the myth that this means doing the same thing over and over again.
- Working 2 Full Time Careers without Caffeine – The answer to the most frequently asked question: how I work full time as both an artist and a software project manager and get everything done. Studio practices, time management and mindsets. This talk includes many images of the 250+ textile paintings I’ve made in the last 10 years.
- How To Promote Yourself and Your Artwork via Social Media – Big picture planning and small details on how to leverage social media as an artist.
- Time Management: The Artist and the Internet – If you don’t know why you are messing around on the internet, how do you know when you are done?
How To Book a Workshop/Lecture
Please email me if your group would like to book an in person workshop or lecture.
Pricing for 2014 and 2015:
Workshops – $850 a day + all expenses, includes 6 hours of instruction, for up to 20 students.
Lectures – $550 + all expenses for a 1 to 1 1/2 hour lecture
Previous Lectures and Workshops
1. Cutting and Piecing without a Ruler
Bluestone Fine Art Gallery
2. Gallery Talk
September 11, 2012
The Art Quilt Gallery
New York, New York
3. Always Working in a Series
November 19, 2012
7:00-9:00pm (FRCQ will be holding a business meeting prior to my talk)
Front Range Contemporary Quilters