This page is a work in progress as I gather together links and references to articles I have written.
- It’s Slow, It’s Traditional, It’s Perfect – Quilting Arts In Stitches eMagazine, vol 3, Spring 2011 – “See how Lisa creates her own unique contemporary textile paintings using traditional machine stitching.” Article includes close up photos (love the zoom feature), my thoughts on why I quilt they way I do, and how-to instructions.
Published Designs and Patterns
- #PowerArtists Interview with Abstract Textile Artist, Lisa Call on Fine Art Tips. “PowerArtists are the social media ‘rockstars’ of the art world! Not only are they talented creatives, but they understand how to harness the power of social media and use it to promote their art careers. #PowerArtists are inspiring and freely share their knowledge with others.” I share what a typical day in my life looks like.
Quilt Making Techniques:
- Basting a Quilt – a definition and step by step instructions for how I baste my textile paintings.
- Binding a Quilt – a definition and step by step instructions for how I finish the edges of my textile paintings.
- Dyeing Fabric – a series of articles explaining how I dye fabric.
- Tieing off Ends – how I start and end a line of quilting.